We Signed the Contract!

So, it's been a while! Who knew buying a house was such a slow process? Oh. Right. Anyone that has ever bought a house before. Ugh. So, we signed the contract a month ago. WooHoo! Right? Right. Except that I am ready to move NOW! Like, a month ago actually. Waiting until the end of October is about to make me crazy.

I get asked multiple times a day how things are going with the house. My answer "Oh, fine, just waiting to close."

The truth? We are waiting for the house to be appraised and inspected. The current homeowners do not want this to happen until they have finished the remodel. I get that. Really, I do. I am just ready to get this ball rolling and don't want the closing date to get pushed back. I have big decorating ideas to move forward with. But, I can't do anything until we are in the house.

*sigh*

So, for now, I just window shop on Pinterest and Facebook. I guess that is good though, this way I will know EXACTLY what look I want when the time actually comes to move in.

So, that is where we are right now with The Shabby Green House.

Hopefully I will have better news next time, this waiting game is pretty boring.



posts you'll love